Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Liberal Arts General Studies at The City College of New York

Find Schools Near

Liberal Arts General Studies at The City College of New York

Every liberal arts general studies school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the liberal arts program at The City College of New York stacks up to those at other schools.

CCNY is located in New York, New York and has a total student population of 15,227. In 2021, 128 liberal arts majors received their bachelor's degree from CCNY.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Liberal Arts General Studies section at the bottom of this page.

CCNY Liberal Arts General Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts

CCNY Liberal Arts General Studies Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the liberal arts progam at CCNY compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The liberal arts major at CCNY is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Liberal Arts General Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Liberal Arts General Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 203
Most Focused Liberal Arts General Studies Schools 1,339

How Much Do Liberal Arts Graduates from CCNY Make?

The median salary of liberal arts students who receive their bachelor's degree at CCNY is $40,538. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 26% higher than the national average of $32,253 for all liberal arts bachelor's degree recipients.


Liberal Arts Student Demographics at CCNY

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the liberal arts majors at The City College of New York.

CCNY Liberal Arts General Studies Bachelor’s Program

85% Women
94% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The liberal arts program at CCNY awarded 128 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 15% of these degrees went to men with the other 85% going to women.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 45% more racial-ethnic minorities in its liberal arts bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The City College of New York with a bachelor's in liberal arts.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 47
Hispanic or Latino 63
White 8
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

CCNY also has a doctoral program available in liberal arts. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Liberal Arts Grads May Go Into

A degree in liberal arts can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for The City College of New York.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Professors 6,440 $112,000


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.