Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Ethnic Studies at The City College of New York

Find Schools Near

Ethnic Studies at The City College of New York

If you plan to study ethnic studies, take a look at what The City College of New York has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

CCNY is located in New York, New York and has a total student population of 15,227. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 21 students received a bachelor's degree in ethnic studies from CCNY.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Ethnic Studies section at the bottom of this page.

CCNY Ethnic Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Ethnic Studies

CCNY Ethnic Studies Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the ethnic studies progam at CCNY compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The ethnic studies major at CCNY is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Ethnic Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Ethnic Studies Schools 104
Most Focused Ethnic Studies Schools 170

Earnings of CCNY Ethnic Studies Graduates

The median salary of ethnic studies students who receive their bachelor's degree at CCNY is $30,325. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 4% higher than the national average of $29,213 for all ethnic studies bachelor's degree recipients.


Ethnic Studies Student Demographics at CCNY

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the ethnic studies majors at The City College of New York.

CCNY Ethnic Studies Bachelor’s Program

67% Women
81% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The ethnic studies program at CCNY awarded 21 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 33% of these degrees went to men with the other 67% going to women. The typical ethnic studies bachelor's degree program is made up of only 18% men. So male students are more repesented at CCNY since its program graduates 15% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 24% more racial-ethnic minorities in its ethnic studies bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The City College of New York with a bachelor's in ethnic studies.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 4
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

CCNY also has a doctoral program available in ethnic studies. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Ethnic Studies Grads May Go Into

A degree in ethnic studies can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for The City College of New York.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Interpreters and Translators 3,300 $68,940
Area, Ethnic, and Cultural Studies Professors 1,510 $93,280


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.