Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Crafts, Folk Art & Artisanry at College for Creative Studies

Find Schools Near

Crafts, Folk Art & Artisanry at College for Creative Studies

If you plan to study crafts, folk art and artisanry, take a look at what College for Creative Studies has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

CCS is located in Detroit, Michigan and approximately 1,485 students attend the school each year. In 2019, 14 folk art majors received their bachelor's degree from CCS.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Crafts, Folk Art & Artisanry section at the bottom of this page.

CCS Crafts, Folk Art & Artisanry Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Folk Art

CCS Crafts, Folk Art & Artisanry Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the folk art progam at CCS compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The folk art major at CCS is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Crafts, Folk Art & Artisanry. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Crafts, Folk Art & Artisanry Schools 1
Best Crafts, Folk Art & Artisanry Bachelor’s Degree Schools 1
Most Focused Crafts, Folk Art & Artisanry Bachelor’s Degree Schools 1
Most Focused Crafts, Folk Art & Artisanry Schools 1
Most Popular Crafts, Folk Art & Artisanry Schools 3
Most Popular Crafts, Folk Art & Artisanry Bachelor’s Degree Schools 3

How Much Do Folk Art Graduates from CCS Make?

The median salary of folk art students who receive their bachelor's degree at CCS is $23,900. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 19% higher than the national average of $20,100 for all folk art bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Folk Art Student Demographics at CCS

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the folk art majors at College for Creative Studies.

CCS Crafts, Folk Art & Artisanry Bachelor’s Program

57% Women
14% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 14 students earned a bachelor's degree in folk art from CCS. About 57% of these graduates were women and the other 43% were men. The typical folk art bachelor's degree program is made up of only 26% men. So male students are more repesented at CCS since its program graduates 17% more men than average.

CCS Gender Breakdown of Crafts, Folk Art & Artisanry Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 57% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in folk art at CCS are white. This is below average for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 4% more racial-ethnic minorities in its folk art bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from College for Creative Studies with a bachelor's in folk art.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Crafts, Folk Art & Artisanry Majors at College for Creative Studies
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 8
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

CCS also has a doctoral program available in folk art. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Folk Art Grads May Go Into

A degree in folk art can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MI, the home state for College for Creative Studies.

Occupation Jobs in MI Average Salary in MI
Art, Drama, and Music Professors 2,710 $76,250
Craft Artists 100 $42,290

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.