Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Science at Charleston Southern University

Find Schools Near

Computer Science at Charleston Southern University

What traits are you looking for in a compsci school? To help you decide if Charleston Southern University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's compsci program.

CSU is located in Charleston, South Carolina and has a total student population of 3,477. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 16 students received a bachelor's degree in compsci from CSU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Science section at the bottom of this page.

CSU Computer Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in CompSci

CSU Computer Science Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the compsci progam at CSU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The compsci major at CSU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Computer Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 249
Most Focused Computer Science Schools 329
Most Popular Computer Science Schools 426

CompSci Student Demographics at CSU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the compsci majors at Charleston Southern University.

CSU Computer Science Bachelor’s Program

31% Women
19% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The compsci program at CSU awarded 16 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 69% of these degrees went to men with the other 31% going to women. The typical compsci bachelor's degree program is made up of only 22% women. So female students are more repesented at CSU since its program graduates 10% more women than average.

CSU Gender Breakdown of Computer Science Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 75% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in compsci at CSU are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Charleston Southern University with a bachelor's in compsci.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Computer Science Majors at Charleston Southern University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 12
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

CSU also has a doctoral program available in compsci. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That CompSci Grads May Go Into

A degree in compsci can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for SC, the home state for Charleston Southern University.

Occupation Jobs in SC Average Salary in SC
Software Applications Developers 4,580 $90,830
Computer and Information Systems Managers 3,070 $120,720
Computer Programmers 3,060 $81,940
Computer Network Support Specialists 2,590 $54,530
Systems Software Developers 2,280 $80,250

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.