Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Zoology at Charleston Southern University

Find Schools Near

Zoology at Charleston Southern University

Every zoology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the zoology program at Charleston Southern University stacks up to those at other schools.

CSU is located in Charleston, South Carolina and approximately 3,477 students attend the school each year. Of the 661 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Charleston Southern University in 2019, 4 of them were zoology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Zoology section at the bottom of this page.

CSU Zoology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Zoology

CSU Zoology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the zoology progam at CSU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The zoology major at CSU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Zoology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Zoology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 45
Most Focused Zoology Schools 51
Most Popular Zoology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 61
Best Value Zoology Schools 64
Best Zoology Schools 72
Most Popular Zoology Schools 76

Zoology Student Demographics at CSU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the zoology majors at Charleston Southern University.

CSU Zoology Bachelor’s Program

75% Women
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 4 students earned a bachelor's degree in zoology from CSU. About 75% of these graduates were women and the other 25% were men.

CSU Gender Breakdown of Zoology Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 100% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in zoology at CSU are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Charleston Southern University with a bachelor's in zoology.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Zoology Majors at Charleston Southern University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 4
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

CSU also has a doctoral program available in zoology. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Zoology Grads May Go Into

A degree in zoology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for SC, the home state for Charleston Southern University.

Occupation Jobs in SC Average Salary in SC
Natural Sciences Managers 530 $91,270
Biological Science Professors 510 $69,370
Biological Scientists 220 $78,370
Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists 80 $62,680

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.