Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Social Sciences at Capella University

Find Schools Near

Social Sciences at Capella University

Every social sciences school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the social sciences program at Capella University stacks up to those at other schools.

Capella University is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has a total student population of 36,284.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Social Sciences section at the bottom of this page.

Capella University Social Sciences Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Social Sciences
  • Doctorate Degree in Social Sciences

Online Classes Are Available at Capella University

If you are a working student or have a busy schedule, you may want to consider taking online classes. While these classes used to be mostly populated by returning adults, more and more traditional students are turning to this option.

For those who are interested in distance learning, Capella University does offer online courses in social sciences for the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

Capella University Social Sciences Rankings

There were 23 students who received their doctoral degrees in social sciences, making the school the #65 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Social Sciences Student Demographics at Capella University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social sciences majors at Capella University.

Capella University Social Sciences Master’s Program

89% Women
50% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
The social sciences program at Capella University awarded 101 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 11% of these degrees went to men with the other 89% going to women.

Capella University Gender Breakdown of Social Sciences Master's Degree Grads

In the social sciences master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 50% of degree recipients. That is 27% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Capella University with a master's in social sciences.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Social Sciences Majors at Capella University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 43
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 34
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 18

Concentrations Within Social Sciences

If you plan to be a social sciences major, you may want to focus your studies on one of the following concentrations. The table shows all degrees awarded in this field awarded for all degree levels at Capella University. A concentration may not be available for your level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
Other Social Sciences 124

Careers That Social Sciences Grads May Go Into

A degree in social sciences can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MN, the home state for Capella University.

Occupation Jobs in MN Average Salary in MN
High School Teachers 20,940 $64,610
Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists 14,850 $74,300
Managers 9,350 $128,590
Urban and Regional Planners 1,110 $73,330
Statisticians 820 $95,930

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.