Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Teacher Education Grade Specific at Capella University

Find Schools Near

Teacher Education Grade Specific at Capella University

Every teacher education grade specific school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the grade specific ed program at Capella University stacks up to those at other schools.

Capella University is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and approximately 36,284 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Teacher Education Grade Specific section at the bottom of this page.

Capella University Teacher Education Grade Specific Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Grade Specific Ed
  • Doctorate Degree in Grade Specific Ed

Online Classes Are Available at Capella University

If you are a working student or have a busy schedule, you may want to consider taking online classes. While these classes used to be mostly populated by returning adults, more and more traditional students are turning to this option.

Are you one of the many who prefer to take online classes? Capella University offers distance education options for grade specific ed at the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

Capella University Teacher Education Grade Specific Rankings

There were 53 students who received their doctoral degrees in grade specific ed, making the school the #1 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Grade Specific Ed Student Demographics at Capella University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the grade specific ed majors at Capella University.

Capella University Teacher Education Grade Specific Master’s Program

89% Women
41% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
The grade specific ed program at Capella University awarded 185 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 11% of these degrees went to men with the other 89% going to women.

Capella University Gender Breakdown of Teacher Education Grade Specific Master's Degree Grads

In the grade specific ed master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 41% of degree recipients. That is 14% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Capella University with a master's in grade specific ed.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Teacher Education Grade Specific Majors at Capella University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 53
Hispanic or Latino 15
White 58
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 59

Careers That Grade Specific Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in grade specific ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MN, the home state for Capella University.

Occupation Jobs in MN Average Salary in MN
Elementary School Teachers 22,940 $64,950
High School Teachers 20,940 $64,610
Middle School Teachers 11,510 $61,410
Preschool Teachers 8,180 $37,500
Self-Enrichment Education Teachers 7,580 $43,240

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.