Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Education at Capella University

Find Schools Near

General Education at Capella University

If you are interested in studying general education, you may want to check out the program at Capella University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Capella University is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has a total student population of 36,284.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Education section at the bottom of this page.

Capella University General Education Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Education
  • Doctorate Degree in Education

Online Classes Are Available at Capella University

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

Are you one of the many who prefer to take online classes? Capella University offers distance education options for education at the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

Capella University General Education Rankings

There were 16 students who received their doctoral degrees in education, making the school the #30 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Education Student Demographics at Capella University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Capella University.

Capella University General Education Master’s Program

75% Women
17% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 48 students earned a master's degree in education from Capella University. About 75% of these graduates were women and the other 25% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 21% men graduate in education each year. Capella University does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 4% more men than average.

Capella University Gender Breakdown of General Education Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a education master's degree from Capella University, 58% were white. This is typical for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Capella University with a master's in education.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Education Majors at Capella University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 28
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 14

Careers That Education Grads May Go Into

A degree in education can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MN, the home state for Capella University.

Occupation Jobs in MN Average Salary in MN
Education Professors 1,120 $74,010

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.