Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Geography & Cartography at California University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Geography & Cartography at California University of Pennsylvania

If you plan to study geography and cartography, take a look at what California University of Pennsylvania has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Cal U is located in California, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 6,885. Of the 1,119 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from California University of Pennsylvania in 2021, 7 of them were geography and cartography majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Geography & Cartography section at the bottom of this page.

Cal U Geography & Cartography Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Geography

Cal U Geography & Cartography Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the geography progam at Cal U compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The geography major at Cal U is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Geography & Cartography. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Geography & Cartography Schools 163
Best Geography & Cartography Bachelor’s Degree Schools 223

How Much Do Geography Graduates from Cal U Make?

The median salary of geography students who receive their bachelor's degree at Cal U is $17,450. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $34,640 for all geography students.


Geography Student Demographics at Cal U

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the geography majors at California University of Pennsylvania.

Cal U Geography & Cartography Bachelor’s Program

71% Women
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 7 students earned a bachelor's degree in geography from Cal U. About 71% of these graduates were women and the other 29% were men. The typical geography bachelor's degree program is made up of only 43% women. So female students are more repesented at Cal U since its program graduates 29% more women than average.


About 100% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in geography at Cal U are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from California University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in geography.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 7
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Cal U also has a doctoral program available in geography. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Geography Grads May Go Into

A degree in geography can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for California University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Managers 11,060 $126,290
Geography Professors 180 $92,050
Cartographers and Photogrammetrists 90 $63,360


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.