Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Physical Sciences at California University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Physical Sciences at California University of Pennsylvania

If you are interested in studying physical sciences, you may want to check out the program at California University of Pennsylvania. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Cal U is located in California, Pennsylvania and approximately 6,885 students attend the school each year. Of the 1,119 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from California University of Pennsylvania in 2021, 17 of them were physical sciences majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Physical Sciences section at the bottom of this page.

Cal U Physical Sciences Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Sciences

Cal U Physical Sciences Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks physical sciences programs across the country. The following shows how Cal U performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The physical sciences major at Cal U is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Physical Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Physical Sciences Schools 129
Most Popular Physical Sciences Schools 584

Physical Sciences Student Demographics at Cal U

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the physical sciences majors at California University of Pennsylvania.

Cal U Physical Sciences Bachelor’s Program

53% Women
6% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The physical sciences program at Cal U awarded 17 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 47% of these degrees went to men with the other 53% going to women. The typical physical sciences bachelor's degree program is made up of only 43% women. So female students are more repesented at Cal U since its program graduates 10% more women than average.


About 94% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in physical sciences at Cal U are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from California University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in physical sciences.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 16
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Cal U also has a doctoral program available in physical sciences. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Concentrations Within Physical Sciences

Physical Sciences majors may want to concentrate their studies in one of these areas. The table shows all degrees awarded in this field awarded for all degree levels at California University of Pennsylvania. A concentration may not be available for your level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
Geological & Earth Sciences 11
Chemistry 5
Physics 1

Careers That Physical Sciences Grads May Go Into

A degree in physical sciences can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for California University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
Architectural and Engineering Managers 7,220 $150,400
Chemists 5,460 $77,250
Natural Sciences Managers 4,480 $147,810


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.