Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Science at Brigham Young University - Idaho

Find Schools Near

Information Science at Brigham Young University - Idaho

If you plan to study information science, take a look at what Brigham Young University - Idaho has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

BYU - I is located in Rexburg, Idaho and approximately 44,481 students attend the school each year. In 2020, 21 IS majors received their bachelor's degree from BYU - I.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Science section at the bottom of this page.

BYU - I Information Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in IS

BYU - I Information Science Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the IS progam at BYU - I compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The IS major at BYU - I is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Information Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Information Science Associate Degree Schools 67
Best Information Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 89
Most Popular Information Science Schools 131
Most Focused Information Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 163

IS Student Demographics at BYU - I

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IS majors at Brigham Young University - Idaho.

BYU - I Information Science Bachelor’s Program

29% Women
10% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The IS program at BYU - I awarded 21 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 71% of these degrees went to men with the other 29% going to women.

undefined

About 62% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in IS at BYU - I are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Brigham Young University - Idaho with a bachelor's in IS.

undefined
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 13
International Students 6
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

BYU - I also has a doctoral program available in IS. In 2020, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That IS Grads May Go Into

A degree in IS can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for ID, the home state for Brigham Young University - Idaho.

Occupation Jobs in ID Average Salary in ID
Computer and Information Systems Managers 1,410 $102,910
Systems Software Developers 910 $97,310
Computer Workers 790 $80,610
Computer and Information Research Scientists 150 $137,180
Computer Science Professors 90 $100,110

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.