Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Political Science & Government at Austin College

Find Schools Near

Political Science & Government at Austin College

What traits are you looking for in a political science school? To help you decide if Austin College is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's political science program.

Austin College is located in Sherman, Texas and approximately 1,302 students attend the school each year. In 2020, 14 political science majors received their bachelor's degree from Austin College.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Political Science & Government section at the bottom of this page.

Austin College Political Science & Government Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science

Austin College Political Science & Government Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the political science progam at Austin College compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The political science major at Austin College is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Political Science & Government. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Political Science & Government Schools 121
Best Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Degree Schools 458
Best Political Science & Government Schools 468
Most Popular Political Science & Government Schools 628
668
Best Value Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Degree Schools 677
686

Political Science Student Demographics at Austin College

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the political science majors at Austin College.

Austin College Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Program

64% Women
64% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The political science program at Austin College awarded 14 bachelor's degrees in 2019-2020. About 36% of these degrees went to men with the other 64% going to women.

undefined

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 27% more racial-ethnic minorities in its political science bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Austin College with a bachelor's in political science.

undefined
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 5
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Austin College also has a doctoral program available in political science. In 2020, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Political Science Grads May Go Into

A degree in political science can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for TX, the home state for Austin College.

Occupation Jobs in TX Average Salary in TX
Managers 20,710 $122,130
Political Science Professors 1,910 $81,070
Economics Professors 1,020 $115,240
Economists 830 $106,480
Political Scientists 220 $87,610

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.