Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Romance Languages at American University

Find Schools Near

Romance Languages at American University

If you are interested in studying romance languages, you may want to check out the program at American University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

The American University is located in Washington, District of Columbia and has a total student population of 14,001. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 9 students received a bachelor's degree in romance languages from The American University.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Romance Languages section at the bottom of this page.

The American University Romance Languages Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Romance Languages

The American University Romance Languages Rankings

The romance languages major at The American University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Romance Languages. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Romance Languages Student Demographics at The American University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the romance languages majors at American University.

The American University Romance Languages Bachelor’s Program

78% Women
67% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The romance languages program at The American University awarded 9 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 22% of these degrees went to men with the other 78% going to women.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 22% more racial-ethnic minorities in its romance languages bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American University with a bachelor's in romance languages.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 3
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

The American University also has a doctoral program available in romance languages. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Romance Languages Grads May Go Into

A degree in romance languages can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for American University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
High School Teachers 3,850 $65,180
Foreign Language and Literature Professors 750 $72,050
Interpreters and Translators 490 $93,730


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.