Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Policy at American Public University System

Find Schools Near

Public Policy at American Public University System

Every public policy school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the public policy program at American Public University System stacks up to those at other schools.

American Military University is located in Charles Town, West Virginia and has a total student population of 46,420.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Public Policy section at the bottom of this page.

American Military University Public Policy Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Public Policy

Online Classes Are Available at American Military University

If you are a working student or have a busy schedule, you may want to consider taking online classes. While these classes used to be mostly populated by returning adults, more and more traditional students are turning to this option.

Are you one of the many who prefer to take online classes? American Military University offers distance education options for public policy at the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

American Military University Public Policy Rankings

Public Policy Student Demographics at American Military University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public policy majors at American Public University System.

American Military University Public Policy Master’s Program

44% Women
67% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
The public policy program at American Military University awarded 9 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 56% of these degrees went to men with the other 44% going to women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 43% men graduate in public policy each year. American Military University does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 12% more men than average.

American Military University Gender Breakdown of Public Policy Master's Degree Grads

In the public policy master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 67% of degree recipients. That is 41% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American Public University System with a master's in public policy.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Public Policy Majors at American Public University System
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 2
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Careers That Public Policy Grads May Go Into

A degree in public policy can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for WV, the home state for American Public University System.

Occupation Jobs in WV Average Salary in WV
Medical and Health Services Managers 1,610 $110,130
Legislators 650 $28,520
Education Professors 500 $56,050
Social Scientists 190 $73,480
Political Science Professors 90 $54,150

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.