What Does it Take to Be a Segmental Paver?
Segmental Paver Example Lay out, cut, and place segmental paving units. Includes installers of bedding and restraining materials for the paving units.
List of Segmental Paver Job Duties
- Supply and place base materials, edge restraints, bedding sand and jointing sand.
- Compact bedding sand and pavers to finish the paved area, using a plate compactor.
- Resurface an outside area with cobblestones, terracotta tiles, concrete or other materials.
- Sweep sand from the surface prior to opening to traffic.
- Prepare base for installation by removing unstable or unsuitable materials, compacting and grading the soil, draining or stabilizing weak or saturated soils and taking measures to prevent water penetration and migration of bedding sand.
- Design paver installation layout pattern and create markings for directional references of joints and stringlines.
Segmental Paver Skills
Segmental Pavers state the following job skills are important in their day-to-day work.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Types of Segmental Paver Jobs
- Segmental Wall Installer
- Asphalt Paving Foreman
- Landscape Foreman
- Concrete Pavement Installer
- Paving Foreman
Is There Job Demand for Segmental Pavers?
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 2,100 jobs in the United States for Segmental Paver. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 14.3% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 300 new jobs for Segmental Paver by 2026. The BLS estimates 300 yearly job openings in this field.
The states with the most job growth for Segmental Paver are Florida and Texas. Watch out if you plan on working in Texas or Florida. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Tools & Technologies Used by Segmental Pavers
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Segmental Pavers may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
How to Become a Segmental Paver
Education needed to be a Segmental Paver:
How many years of work experience do I need?
You May Also Be Interested In…
Those thinking about becoming a Segmental Paver might also be interested in the following careers:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|