What You Need to Know About Landfill Gas Generation System Technician
Occupation Description Monitor, operate, and maintain landfill gas collection system components and environmental monitoring and control systems.
Life As a Landfill Gas Generation System Technician
- Analyze the layout, instrumentation, or function of electrical generation or transmission facilities.
- Read, interpret, and adjust monitoring equipment, such as flow meters and pressure or vacuum gauges.
- Diagnose or troubleshoot problems with methane or landfill gas collection systems.
- Record and maintain log of well-head gauge pressure readings.
- Operate landfill gas, methane, or natural gas fueled electrical generation systems.
- Prepare and submit compliance, operational, and safety forms or reports.
Related Job Titles
- Landfill Gas Collecting System Technician
- Methane/Landfill Gas Generating System Technician
- Landfill Gas Collection System Technician
- Landfill Gas Generation System Technician
- Natural Gas Technician
Is There Going to be Demand for Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians?
In the United States, there were 12,100 jobs for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician in 2016. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 2.5% which is below the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 300 new jobs for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician by 2026. Due to new job openings and attrition, there will be an average of 1,200 job openings in this field each year.
The states with the most job growth for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician are South Dakota, Nebraska, and Oregon. Watch out if you plan on working in Massachusetts, West Virginia, or Oklahoma. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Landfill Gas Generation System Technician Salary
The average yearly salary of a Landfill Gas Generation System Technician ranges between $34,580 and $81,750.
Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians who work in Alaska, Washington, or Hawaii, make the highest salaries.
How much do Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians make in each U.S. state?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
Tools & Technologies Used by Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
Where do Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians Work?
Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians work in the following industries:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|