Life As a Landfill Gas Generation System Technician
Occupation Description Monitor, operate, and maintain landfill gas collection system components and environmental monitoring and control systems.
Landfill Gas Generation System Technician Responsibilities
- Read, interpret, and adjust monitoring equipment, such as flow meters and pressure or vacuum gauges.
- Monitor landfill well fields periodically to ensure proper functioning and performance.
- Diagnose or troubleshoot problems with methane or landfill gas collection systems.
- Operate landfill gas, methane, or natural gas fueled electrical generation systems.
- Prepare and submit compliance, operational, and safety forms or reports.
- Measure liquid levels in landfill gas extraction wells.
Types of Landfill Gas Generation System Technician
- Landfill Gas Generation System Technician
- Landfill Gas Collection System Technician
- Gas Technician
- Methane/Landfill Gas Generating System Technician
- Gas Plant Technician
Job Outlook for Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 12,100 jobs in the United States for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 2.5% which is below the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 300 new jobs for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician by 2026. The BLS estimates 1,200 yearly job openings in this field.
The states with the most job growth for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician are South Dakota, Nebraska, and Oregon. Watch out if you plan on working in Massachusetts, West Virginia, or Oklahoma. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Average Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians Salary
Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians make between $34,580 and $81,750 a year.
Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians who work in Alaska, Washington, or Hawaii, make the highest salaries.
How much do Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians make in each U.S. state?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
What Tools do Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians Sector
Below are examples of industries where Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians work:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|