All About Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians
Landfill Gas Generation System Technician Definition Monitor, operate, and maintain landfill gas collection system components and environmental monitoring and control systems.
What Do Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians Do On a Daily Basis?
- Diagnose or troubleshoot problems with methane or landfill gas collection systems.
- Repair or replace landfill gas piping.
- Balance individual gas extraction wells at landfill gas facilities.
- Trace electrical circuitry for landfill gas buildings to ensure compliance of electrical systems with applicable codes or laws.
- Analyze the layout, instrumentation, or function of electrical generation or transmission facilities.
- Measure liquid levels in landfill gas extraction wells.
Types of Landfill Gas Generation System Technician
- Methane Gas Generation System Technician
- Landfill Gas Collection System Technician
- Wellfield Technician
- Landfill Gas Technician
- Landfill Gas Plant Field Technician
Job Opportunities for Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians
In the United States, there were 12,100 jobs for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician in 2016. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 2.5% which is below the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 300 new jobs for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician by 2026. Due to new job openings and attrition, there will be an average of 1,200 job openings in this field each year.
The states with the most job growth for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician are South Dakota, Nebraska, and Oregon. Watch out if you plan on working in Massachusetts, West Virginia, or Oklahoma. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Salary for a Landfill Gas Generation System Technician
The typical yearly salary for Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians is somewhere between $34,580 and $81,750.
Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians who work in Alaska, Washington, or Hawaii, make the highest salaries.
Below is a list of the median annual salaries for Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians in different U.S. states.
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
Tools & Technologies Used by Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
Who Employs Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians?
The table below shows some of the most common industries where those employed in this career field work.
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|