Life As a Landfill Gas Generation System Technician
Occupation Description Monitor, operate, and maintain landfill gas collection system components and environmental monitoring and control systems.
A Day in the Life of a Landfill Gas Generation System Technician
- Analyze the layout, instrumentation, or function of electrical generation or transmission facilities.
- Record and maintain log of well-head gauge pressure readings.
- Measure liquid levels in landfill gas extraction wells.
- Prepare and submit compliance, operational, and safety forms or reports.
- Monitor landfill well fields periodically to ensure proper functioning and performance.
- Read, interpret, and adjust monitoring equipment, such as flow meters and pressure or vacuum gauges.
Related Job Titles for this Occupation:
- Landfill Gas Generation System Technician
- Wellfield Technician
- Landfill Gas Collecting System Technician
- Methane/Landfill Gas Generating System Technician
- Natural Gas Technician
Job Outlook for Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians
In the United States, there were 12,100 jobs for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician in 2016. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 2.5% which is below the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 300 new jobs for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician by 2026. There will be an estimated 1,200 positions for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician per year.
The states with the most job growth for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician are South Dakota, Nebraska, and Oregon. Watch out if you plan on working in Massachusetts, West Virginia, or Oklahoma. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Salary for a Landfill Gas Generation System Technician
The typical yearly salary for Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians is somewhere between $34,580 and $81,750.
Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians who work in Alaska, Washington, or Hawaii, make the highest salaries.
How much do Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians make in each U.S. state?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
What Tools do Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
Where Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians Are Employed
Below are examples of industries where Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians work:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|