What is a Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator?
Methane Gas Collection System Operator Example Direct daily operations, maintenance, or repair of landfill gas projects, including maintenance of daily logs, determination of service priorities, and compliance with reporting requirements.
What Do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Do On a Daily Basis?
- Monitor and control liquid or gas landfill extraction systems.
- Coordinate the repair, overhaul, or routine maintenance of diesel engines used in landfill operations.
- Prepare and manage landfill gas collection system budgets.
- Prepare soil reports as required by regulatory or permitting agencies.
- Inspect landfill or conduct site audits to ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations.
- Develop or enforce procedures for normal operation, start-up, or shut-down of methane gas collection systems.
Related Job Titles for this Occupation:
- Gas Operation Manager
- Collection Systems Administrator
- Gas Operations Superintendent
- Landfill Gas Collection Operator
- Collection Systems Worker
What Kind of Methane Gas Collection System Operator Job Opportunities Are There?
There were about 170,600 jobs for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator in 2016 (in the United States). There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator. Due to new job openings and attrition, there will be an average of 11,600 job openings in this field each year.
The states with the most job growth for Methane Gas Collection System Operator are Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Vermont, or Kansas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Methane Gas Collection System Operator Salary
The typical yearly salary for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators is somewhere between $63,470 and $172,150.
Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators who work in Delaware, New Hampshire, or Wyoming, make the highest salaries.
How much do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
What Tools do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Distributed control system DCS
- Employee scheduling software
- WorkTech MAXIMO
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
Where Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Work
The table below shows some of the most common industries where those employed in this career field work.
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|