What is a Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator?
Methane Gas Collection System Operator Definition Direct daily operations, maintenance, or repair of landfill gas projects, including maintenance of daily logs, determination of service priorities, and compliance with reporting requirements.
Life As a Methane Gas Collection System Operator
- Recommend or implement practices to reduce turnaround time for trucks in and out of landfill site.
- Diagnose or troubleshoot gas collection equipment and programmable logic controller (PLC) systems.
- Track volume and weight of landfill waste.
- Coordinate the repair, overhaul, or routine maintenance of diesel engines used in landfill operations.
- Prepare soil reports as required by regulatory or permitting agencies.
- Prepare reports on landfill operations and gas collection system productivity or efficiency.
Related Job Titles for this Occupation:
- Gas Operations Analyst
- Gas Collection System Operator
- Landfill Gas Collection System Operator
- Collection Systems Administrator
- Collection Systems Consultant
Methane Gas Collection System Operator Job Outlook
There were about 170,600 jobs for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator in 2016 (in the United States). There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator. The BLS estimates 11,600 yearly job openings in this field.
The states with the most job growth for Methane Gas Collection System Operator are Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Vermont, or Kansas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Salary for a Methane Gas Collection System Operator
Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators make between $63,470 and $172,150 a year.
Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators who work in Delaware, New Hampshire, or Wyoming, make the highest salaries.
How much do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
What Tools do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Distributed control system DCS
- Employee scheduling software
- WorkTech MAXIMO
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
Where Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Are Employed
The table below shows some of the most common industries where those employed in this career field work.
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|