What Do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator Do?
Career Description Direct daily operations, maintenance, or repair of landfill gas projects, including maintenance of daily logs, determination of service priorities, and compliance with reporting requirements.
Methane Gas Collection System Operator Responsibilities
- Prepare and manage landfill gas collection system budgets.
- Coordinate the repair, overhaul, or routine maintenance of diesel engines used in landfill operations.
- Evaluate landfill gas collection service requirements to meet operational plans and productivity goals.
- Monitor landfill permit requirements for updates.
- Inspect landfill or conduct site audits to ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations.
- Oversee landfill gas collection system construction, maintenance, and repair activities.
Related Job Titles for this Occupation:
- Gas Collection System Operator
- Collection Systems Administrator
- Landfill Gas Collection Operator
- Gas Operations Analyst
- Distribution Collection Operator
Job Opportunities for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 170,600 jobs in the United States for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator. There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator. There will be an estimated 11,600 positions for Methane Gas Collection System Operator per year.
The states with the most job growth for Methane Gas Collection System Operator are Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Vermont, or Kansas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Make A Lot Of Money?
The average yearly salary of a Methane Gas Collection System Operator ranges between $63,470 and $172,150.
Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators who work in Delaware, New Hampshire, or Wyoming, make the highest salaries.
Below is a list of the median annual salaries for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators in different U.S. states.
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
Tools & Technologies Used by Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Distributed control system DCS
- Employee scheduling software
- WorkTech MAXIMO
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
Where do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Work?
Below are examples of industries where Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators work:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|