What Do Mathematical Technician Do?
Mathematical Technician Example Apply standardized mathematical formulas, principles, and methodology to technological problems in engineering and physical sciences in relation to specific industrial and research objectives, processes, equipment, and products.
Life As a Mathematical Technician: What Do They Do?
- Translate data into numbers, equations, flow charts, graphs, or other forms.
- Apply standardized mathematical formulas, principles, and methodology to the solution of technological problems involving engineering or physical science.
- Modify standard formulas so that they conform to project needs and data processing methods.
- Process data for analysis, using computers.
- Confer with scientific or engineering personnel to plan projects.
- Reduce raw data to meaningful terms, using the most practical and accurate combination and sequence of computational methods.
Related Job Titles
- Mathematics Technician
- Weight Analyst
- Mathematical Engineering Technician
Job Opportunities for Mathematical Technicians
In the United States, there were 600 jobs for Mathematical Technician in 2016. There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Mathematical Technician.
The states with the most job growth for Mathematical Technician are Texas, Idaho, and Washington. Watch out if you plan on working in Washington, Idaho, or Texas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
What Tools & Technology do Mathematical Technicians Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Mathematical Technicians:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Data entry software
- Structured query language SQL
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- IBM SPSS Statistics
- Graphics software
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Maplesoft Maple
- Data mining software
Image Credit: Steven G. Johnson via Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|