What Does it Take to Be an Investment Underwriter?
Investment Underwriter Example Manage communications or negotiations between corporate issuers of securities and clients regarding private equity investments. Underwrite the issuance of securities to provide capital for client growth. Negotiate and structure the terms of mergers or acquisitions.
Investment Underwriter Responsibilities
- Arrange financing of deals from sources such as financial institutions, agencies, or public or private companies.
- Employ financial models to develop solutions to financial problems or to assess the financial or capital impact of transactions.
- Specialize in green financial instruments, such as socially responsible mutual funds or exchange-traded funds (ETF) that are comprised of green companies.
- Prepare all materials for transactions or execution of deals.
- Advise clients on aspects of capitalization, such as amounts, sources, or timing.
- Structure or negotiate deals, such as corporate mergers, sales, or acquisitions.
Types of Investment Underwriter Jobs
- Acquisition Analyst
- Mergers and Acquisitions Manager
- Acquisitions Consultant
- Acquisition Specialist
- Mergers and Acquisitions Associate
Job Outlook for Investment Underwriters
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 135,900 jobs in the United States for Investment Underwriter. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 9.6% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 13,100 new jobs for Investment Underwriter by 2026. Due to new job openings and attrition, there will be an average of 13,100 job openings in this field each year.
The states with the most job growth for Investment Underwriter are Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in South Dakota, Maryland, or Alaska. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Investment Underwriter Average Salary
The salary for Investment Underwriters ranges between about $38,030 and $123,360 a year.
Investment Underwriters who work in District of Columbia, Virginia, or Illinois, make the highest salaries.
How much do Investment Underwriters make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$107,760|
What Tools do Investment Underwriters Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Investment Underwriters:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Bloomberg Professional
- Moody’s KMV CreditEdge
Where Investment Underwriters Work
The table below shows some of the most common industries where those employed in this career field work.
Image Credit: Dave Dugdale via Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|