Life As a Green Marketer
Green Marketer Job Description Create and implement methods to market green products and services.
Life As a Green Marketer: What Do They Do?
- Develop branding or sales initiatives for green products, such as solar energy systems, green cleaning products, or products using renewable or recycled materials.
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategies, using knowledge of green products and technologies, markets, and regulations.
- Devise or evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, and questionnaires.
- Monitor green-related industry statistics or literature to identify trends.
- Analyze green product marketing or sales trends to forecast future conditions.
- Write marketing content for green product web sites, brochures, or other communication media.
Related Job Titles
- Marketing Communications Specialist
- Green Marketing Analyst
- Green Marketer
- Green Energy Marketing Analyst
- Environmental Marketing Representative
Green Marketer Employment Estimates
In the United States, there were 31,300 jobs for Green Marketer in 2016. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 5.4% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 1,700 new jobs for Green Marketer by 2026. The BLS estimates 3,400 yearly job openings in this field.
The states with the most job growth for Green Marketer are Utah, Washington, and Colorado. Watch out if you plan on working in West Virginia, Vermont, or New Mexico. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Salary for a Green Marketer
The salary for Green Marketers ranges between about $57,150 and $208,000 a year.
Green Marketers who work in New York, Washington, or New Jersey, make the highest salaries.
Below is a list of the median annual salaries for Green Marketers in different U.S. states.
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$143,600|
What Tools do Green Marketers Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Green Marketers:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Email software
- Microsoft Project
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Publisher
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Extensible markup language XML
- Microsoft SQL Server
Where do Green Marketers Work?
The table below shows the approximate number of Green Marketers employed by various industries.
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|