Life As a Green Marketer
Example of Green Marketer Job Create and implement methods to market green products and services.
Green Marketer Responsibilities
- Develop communications materials, advertisements, presentations, or public relations initiatives to promote awareness of green products and technologies.
- Devise or evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, and questionnaires.
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing tactics or channels.
- Attend or participate in conferences, community events, and promotional events related to green products or technologies.
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategies, using knowledge of green products and technologies, markets, and regulations.
- Generate or identify sales leads for green products and technologies.
Related Job Titles for this Occupation:
- Green Marketing Analyst
- Environmental Marketing Representative
- Environmental Marketer
- Marketing Communications Specialist
- Green Marketer
Is There Job Demand for Green Marketers?
In the United States, there were 31,300 jobs for Green Marketer in 2016. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 5.4% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 1,700 new jobs for Green Marketer by 2026. Due to new job openings and attrition, there will be an average of 3,400 job openings in this field each year.
The states with the most job growth for Green Marketer are Utah, Washington, and Colorado. Watch out if you plan on working in West Virginia, Vermont, or New Mexico. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Salary for a Green Marketer
The salary for Green Marketers ranges between about $57,150 and $208,000 a year.
Green Marketers who work in New York, Washington, or New Jersey, make the highest salaries.
Below is a list of the median annual salaries for Green Marketers in different U.S. states.
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$143,600|
What Tools & Technology do Green Marketers Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Green Marketers may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Email software
- Microsoft Project
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Publisher
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Extensible markup language XML
- Microsoft SQL Server
Green Marketers Sector
The table below shows some of the most common industries where those employed in this career field work.
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|