What You Need to Know About Green Marketer
Position Description Create and implement methods to market green products and services.
Life As a Green Marketer
- Attend or participate in conferences, community events, and promotional events related to green products or technologies.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and buying habits, and identify target audiences for green products, services, or technologies.
- Analyze regional energy markets, including energy pricing, market structures, energy generation competition, and energy transmission constraints.
- Develop communications materials, advertisements, presentations, or public relations initiatives to promote awareness of green products and technologies.
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing tactics or channels.
- Identify marketing channels for green products or services.
Related Job Titles for this Occupation:
- Environmental Marketer
- Marketing Communications Specialist
- Green Marketing Analyst
- Environmental Marketing Representative
- Green Marketer
Job Demand for Green Marketers
There were about 31,300 jobs for Green Marketer in 2016 (in the United States). New jobs are being produced at a rate of 5.4% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 1,700 new jobs for Green Marketer by 2026. Due to new job openings and attrition, there will be an average of 3,400 job openings in this field each year.
The states with the most job growth for Green Marketer are Utah, Washington, and Colorado. Watch out if you plan on working in West Virginia, Vermont, or New Mexico. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Average Green Marketers Salary
The salary for Green Marketers ranges between about $57,150 and $208,000 a year.
Green Marketers who work in New York, Washington, or New Jersey, make the highest salaries.
How much do Green Marketers make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$143,600|
What Tools do Green Marketers Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Green Marketers may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Email software
- Microsoft Project
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Publisher
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Extensible markup language XML
- Microsoft SQL Server
Where Green Marketers Are Employed
Below are examples of industries where Green Marketers work:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
Featured Marketing Schools
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|