All About Green Marketers
Example of Green Marketer Job Create and implement methods to market green products and services.
Life As a Green Marketer: What Do They Do?
- Develop communications materials, advertisements, presentations, or public relations initiatives to promote awareness of green products and technologies.
- Analyze green product marketing or sales trends to forecast future conditions.
- Generate or identify sales leads for green products and technologies.
- Write marketing content for green product web sites, brochures, or other communication media.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and buying habits, and identify target audiences for green products, services, or technologies.
- Analyze regional energy markets, including energy pricing, market structures, energy generation competition, and energy transmission constraints.
Related Job Titles for this Occupation:
- Green Marketer
- Marketing Specialist
- Green Marketing Analyst
- Marketing Communications Specialist
- Green Energy Marketing Analyst
Is There Going to be Demand for Green Marketers?
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 31,300 jobs in the United States for Green Marketer. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 5.4% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 1,700 new jobs for Green Marketer by 2026. Due to new job openings and attrition, there will be an average of 3,400 job openings in this field each year.
The states with the most job growth for Green Marketer are Utah, Washington, and Colorado. Watch out if you plan on working in West Virginia, Vermont, or New Mexico. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Do Green Marketers Make A Lot Of Money?
The average yearly salary of a Green Marketer ranges between $57,150 and $208,000.
Green Marketers who work in New York, Washington, or New Jersey, make the highest salaries.
How much do Green Marketers make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$143,600|
What Tools do Green Marketers Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Green Marketers:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Email software
- Microsoft Project
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Publisher
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Extensible markup language XML
- Microsoft SQL Server
Green Marketers Sector
Green Marketers work in the following industries:
Image Credit: Nick Youngson via Creative Commons 3 - CC BY-SA 3.0
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|