What You Need to Know About Fuel Cell Technician
Example of Fuel Cell Technician Job Install, operate, or maintain integrated fuel cell systems in transportation, stationary, or portable applications.
Life As a Fuel Cell Technician
- Perform routine or preventive maintenance on fuel cell test equipment.
- Build fuel cell prototypes, following engineering specifications.
- Order fuel cell testing materials.
- Assemble fuel cells or fuel cell stacks according to mechanical or electrical assembly documents or schematics.
- Collect or maintain fuel cell test data.
- Document or analyze fuel cell test data, using spreadsheets or other computer software.
Types of Fuel Cell Technician Jobs
- Fuel Cell Assembler
- Fuel Cell Technician
- Alternative Energy Technician
- Fuel Cell Battery Technician
Job Demand for Fuel Cell Technicians
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 76,800 jobs in the United States for Fuel Cell Technician. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 5.2% which is below the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 4,000 new jobs for Fuel Cell Technician by 2026. There will be an estimated 7,100 positions for Fuel Cell Technician per year.
The states with the most job growth for Fuel Cell Technician are Utah, Nevada, and Connecticut. Watch out if you plan on working in Vermont, West Virginia, or South Dakota. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
How Much Does a Fuel Cell Technician Make?
Fuel Cell Technicians make between $36,120 and $98,720 a year.
Fuel Cell Technicians who work in District of Columbia, Maryland, or Maine, make the highest salaries.
Below is a list of the median annual salaries for Fuel Cell Technicians in different U.S. states.
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$92,600|
Tools & Technologies Used by Fuel Cell Technicians
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Fuel Cell Technicians:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Data acquisition software
Who Employs Fuel Cell Technicians?
Fuel Cell Technicians work in the following industries:
Image Credit: Airman 1st Class Ryan Conroy via Public domain
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|