Life As a Distance Learning Coordinator
Career Description Coordinate day-to-day operations of distance learning programs and schedule courses.
Distance Learning Coordinator Responsibilities
- Monitor technological developments in distance learning for technological means to educational or outreach goals.
- Review distance learning content to ensure compliance with copyright, licensing, or other requirements.
- Negotiate with academic units or instructors and vendors to ensure cost-effective and high-quality distance learning programs, services, or courses.
- Prepare reports summarizing distance learning statistical data or describing distance learning program objectives and accomplishments.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of distance learning programs in promoting knowledge or skill acquisition.
- Develop distance learning program goals or plans, including equipment replacement, quality assurance, or course offering plans.
Qualities of a Distance Learning Coordinator
Below is a list of the skills most Distance Learning Coordinators say are important on the job.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Related Job Titles for this Occupation:
- Student Outreach Coordinator
- Head of Academic Technology
- Chief Learning Officer
- E-Learning Coordinator
- Distance Education Development Coordinator
Are There Job Opportunities for Distance Learning Coordinators?
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 38,400 jobs in the United States for Distance Learning Coordinator. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 10.7% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 4,100 new jobs for Distance Learning Coordinator by 2026. There will be an estimated 3,400 positions for Distance Learning Coordinator per year.
The states with the most job growth for Distance Learning Coordinator are Utah, Nevada, and New York. Watch out if you plan on working in Vermont, South Dakota, or Rhode Island. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Average Distance Learning Coordinators Salary
The salary for Distance Learning Coordinators ranges between about $44,130 and $141,000 a year.
Distance Learning Coordinators who work in District of Columbia, Virginia, or Maryland, make the highest salaries.
How much do Distance Learning Coordinators make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$105,730|
Tools & Technologies Used by Distance Learning Coordinators
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Distance Learning Coordinators:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Publisher
- Extensible markup language XML
- Oracle PeopleSoft
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Systems Adobe Flash
- SAP Crystal Reports
How to Become a Distance Learning Coordinator
Are there Distance Learning Coordinators education requirements?
How Long Does it Take to Become a Distance Learning Coordinator?
Where Distance Learning Coordinators Work
Below are examples of industries where Distance Learning Coordinators work:
Image Credit: Shai-WMIL via Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|