What is an Artillery & Missile Officer?
Job Description: Manage personnel and weapons operations to destroy enemy positions, aircraft, and vessels. Duties include planning, targeting, and coordinating the tactical deployment of field artillery and air defense artillery missile systems units; directing the establishment and operation of fire control communications systems; targeting and launching intercontinental ballistic missiles; directing the storage and handling of nuclear munitions and components; overseeing security of weapons storage and launch facilities; and managing maintenance of weapons systems.
Other Artillery & Missile Officer Job Titles
- Surface-to-Air Weapons Officer
- Space and Missile Operations, Missile Combat Crew
- Nuclear Weapons Custodian
- Field Artillery Senior Sergeant
- Strike Warfare/Missile Systems Officer
Image Credit: Via Wikimedia Commons