- Business & Management
- Criminal Justice and Security
- Culinary, Hospitality, Travel, Tourism
- Education & Teaching
- IT & Computer Science
- Legal & Paralegal
- Liberal Arts & Communications
- Medical, Nursing, & Allied Health
- Psychology & Human Services
- Science, Math, & Engineering
- Trades & Vocational Training
- Visual & Performance Arts
- Web Design & Development
- Master of Business Administration
- School Type
- School Match Wizard
Selected School: Fortis College
For consumer information: http://compliance.fortis.edu
Fortis College provides postsecondary career education to both traditional and nontraditional students through a variety of diploma programs that assist adult students in enhancing their career opportunities and improving problem-solving abilities.
Fortis College strives to develop within its students the desire for lifelong and continued education. The staff at Fortis College believes that they make an important contribution to the economic growth and social well-being of the area.
Fortis College educates its students to help meet the economic needs of their community in entry-level positions. The educational process is a change-oriented approach to education that provides the community with graduates who possess the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in existing and emerging career occupations.
The following goals are integral to the mission of Fortis College:
- To develop each student‘s individual and professional growth, including written and interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving competencies.
- To develop each student‘s professional attitude and an awareness of contemporary career practices through exposure to pragmatic course content.
- To promote self-discipline and motivation so that students may enjoy success in their career and in society.
- To attract and retain effective and qualified instructors who are familiar with current medical and/or technical practices, and who motivate and develop students.
- To offer sound diploma programs
- To maintain a dynamic organization that is responsible and responsive to its constituencies.
- To minimize economic disadvantages as a barrier to postsecondary education by providing financial aid services and by accepting students without regard to age, sex, religion, race, physical challenges, or economic or social background.
- To assist graduates in finding positions for which they are trained.